General Manager Retail Operations - Briscoe Group, Auckland
Our brands are household names throughout New Zealand: Briscoes Homeware, Rebel Sport and Living & Giving. With 82 stores throughout New Zealand, our focus is on bringing great products and value to our customers. With a strong culture that recognises contributions and rewards performance, we take pride in the development of our people to become excellent retailers.
Reporting to our Chief Operating Officer and based at our Support Office in Morningside, Auckland we are seeking a General Manager - Retail Operations, with significant experience in a similar general management or substantial multi-site operations role, who is ready to take the next step in their career and join us as we continue to drive Briscoe Group’s success in the NZ retail landscape.
We are seeking expressions of interest from suitably experienced and qualified individuals who can step into the role, leading our retail team and assist them to manage our network of stores throughout the country.
The General Manager - Retail Operations is responsible for:
- Growing sales, managing costs, satisfying customers and optimising profitability
- Delivering the required financial results through careful management within budget guidelines
- The development and implementation of a nationwide operations plan that support the business strategy and objectives
- Leading by example in the implementation and maintenance of operational excellence through a focus on retail disciplines, policies and processes
- Identifying performance trends and the development of customer considered plans that will seize opportunities and mitigate risks to our performance
- Setting excellent standards in areas of health & safety and talent development
To be successful in this role the successful candidate is likely to have:
- Significant experience in a similar senior leadership role
- Well-developed organisational skills including the ability to prioritise tasks and manage time effectively
- A high level of proactivity and initiative, adaptability and resilience
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Exemplary leadership abilities along with experience in influencing and coaching for developmental purposes
- A demonstrated appreciation for the importance of Health and Safety in the workplace
- A tertiary qualification in Business or a similar field is desirable
Our people are what make us successful and we understand the importance of looking after our team. The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive remuneration package and the opportunity to contribute skills and knowledge to an organisation that is an NZ retail leader.
For further information please contact Rebecca Fisher on 09 845 0759 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Position closes: 15 January 2017
Briscoe Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and a proud supporter of Cure Kids.
All applications will be treated with strictest confidentiality.
We invite you to express your interest in this role using the ‘Apply for this job’ button below.